The mission of the Everglades Preparatory Academy is to offer students and parents a non-traditional, smaller, innovative and challenging learning environment to meet the unique and diverse needs of its community.
The goal of Everglades Preparatory Academy is to provide a welcoming, supportive, interactive and technology-rich secondary program that will prepare each student for post-secondary education and a successful career, while providing dropout prevention and academic intervention services through alternative education.
The faculty and staff at Everglades Preparatory Academy will promote its vision for students by continuously striving to meet the following goals:
- To inspire students’ creativity, enthusiasm and desire to learn by offering a challenging, interactive and technology-rich learning environment.
- To develop in students a strong confidence in their abilities to reach their goals by assisting them in becoming adequately prepared to enter a college program or career preparation program that will give them opportunities for future employment.
- To instill in students a sense of responsibility, a concern for the welfare of others and a desire to become contributing members of society by providing them with leadership opportunities, positive mentors and role models by establishing partnerships with community businesses and organizations.
- Dropout Prevention, Alternative High School serving grades 9-12 students in Pahokee, FL.
- The school model is highly technology infused, utilizing an instructional framework which emphasizes differentiation through small group, peer-to-peer, mentoring program, self-directed and other hands-on learning methods.
- We provide College Readiness and Accelerated Programs, Career & College Counseling, Academic Counseling, and Development Coaching
- Since 2012, our school has successfully graduated over 200 students. Currently, our student enrollment is 102. The school team consists of 2 administrators, 7 instructional staff, and 2 support staff.
- We have been recognized for having the highest graduation increase rate among African American students in Palm Beach County.
- From (5) to (10) years Charter renewal from 2017-2027
- June 2017 ( June 30, 2017-June 30, 2022)Everglades Preparatory Academy received our Accreditation and the benefits that it provides to our learning communities, stakeholders, and society, as it helps to ensure that a high level of quality is maintained and that our school, faculty, and students remain ahead in the areas of education, technology, and innovative best practices.
- EPA has serviced over the years from 2002 to date: 1300 (+) students.
- Over 430 students have participated in Anquan Boldin Foundation and Florida Crystals Summer Camp since 2010.